Carlos Silva Filho
President, ISWA (Brazil)
- Attorney at Law specialized in Administrative and Economic Regulation.
- Working in Waste Management since 1999.
- President of ISWA - The International Solid Waste Association.
- Member of the United Nations Secretary General’s Advisory Board on Zero Waste.
- Member of the Steering Committee for the Global Waste Management Outlook and for the Latin America and Caribbean Regional Waste Outlook, developed by UN Environment.
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Coalition for the progressive Closure of Dumpsites in Latin America and the Caribbean, coordinated by UN Environment Regional Office.
- Coordinator of the Brazilian National Solid Waste Plan - Planares 2022.
- Founder of the ISWA Young Professionals Group in 2013.
- General Coordinator and implementer of several projects related to Waste Management, Waste Strategies, Regulation, Public-private Partnerships and Marine Litter.
- Author of the book "Solid Waste: what the law says” and “Solid Waste Framework in Brazil”, co-editor of the book “Effective Waste Management and Circular Economy”.